Box Office and Ticketing Manager
Type of Job
July 2, 2021, 11:30:00 AM
What are we looking for?
BOX OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Set up and maintain the management of ticket sales for all productions within the box office system.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the show schedule, production details, ticket prices and deals
and communicate this information accurately and consistently.
- Drive and lead by example in the up-selling of all products and maximise sales, exceeding set targets.
- Ensure that all customer sales access points facilitate a consistent and sales-focused experience. This
should result in customers finding the process easy-to-use via all sales channels including the website,
ticket agents, on site sales and pop-up booths.
- Provide duty management ticketing support on all 1 st previews, press events, galas, and media
- Ensure there are clear and effective operational procedures in place for the duty management teams
at the venues.
- Ensure any ticketing issues are reviewed, resolved, and communicated in a timely manner with both
venues and customers.
- Represent Arts Tickets with diplomacy, discretion and courtesy at all times and provide useful and
accurate information about the venues, productions and facilities we represent.
THIRD PARTY RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with ticket agents to ensure revenue and the event
profile is maximised for each performance.
- Take responsibility for daily agent allocation mark backs and ensure accurate reconciliation.
- Liaise with the production teams, venue management, marketing agency and press associate
regarding press events, VIP’s and one-off events and parties.
- Support the venue teams in the delivery of third-party incomings and short-term events.
CUSTOMERS, ACCESS and EDUCATION
- Maintain high standards of customer service delivery at all times and contribute to the ongoing
evaluation of the audience experience.
- Liaise with the venue management team on accessible performances, group bookings and customers
with specific requirements.
- Ensure all customer feedback is audited centrally within the venue management team (including
feedback via 3 rd party agents).
- Management of group and corporate bookings, from first contact to completion.
- Take responsibility for developing and maintaining strong relationships with assigned clients, whilst
maintaining an overview of the full client roster.
- Offer sound advice and recommend available service options to clients, in line with their
- Demonstrate tact, initiative, and drive in responding to client requests.
- Inspire repeat business from clients.
- Provide support to the Head of Ticketing, directors and clients as required including on site box office
- To lead or contribute to training junior members of staff, ensuring that they are knowledgeable and
up to date on all show and venue related information and procedures.
- To duty manage the Ticketing Assistant(s) on a day-to-day basis, ensuring client and company
procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Ensure all staff are consistently compliant with GDPR requirements and the Information Security
- Manage and maintain a clear system for coordinating and recording availability and sickness cover
ensuring essential levels of staffing are always maintained and all holidays are approved by the Head
- Conduct bespoke staff briefings and de-briefs with the venue FOH teams, ensuring they are provided
with accurate and sufficient information and identify any areas for further investigation or discussion.
ADMINISTRATION and FINANCE
- To maintain a clean and accurate customer database ensuring a high rate of data capture to provide
- Work with the Head of Ticketing to ensure the daily agency allocations are prioritised and inventory is
efficiently managed, with any discrepancies identified and resolved swiftly.
- To produce all work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Maintain an overview of all ticketing related IT and hardware, reporting any problems to the venue
and ticketing management.
- Ensure invoices for BACS payments are created, checked, accurately logged and sent in a timely
manner, in liaison with the Head of Ticketing.
HEALTH and SAFETY
- Completion of necessary risk assessments in liaison with the venue management.
- Contribute to a positive Health and Safety culture throughout all activities and duties.
- Ensure all ticketing duties are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and systems of
working, reporting any breaches to venue management.
- Undertaking other duties as reasonably required.
- Box office management knowledge and previous experience within a theatre, arts venue or attraction
- Experience of using and a good understanding of ticketing systems functionality.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities.
- A creative and resourceful approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and communicative in all activity.
- A confident, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise effectively
What can you expect from the role?
Reports to: Head of Ticketing
- Full time position with a variable shift pattern. Weekends essential and Bank Holiday working as
required, not exceeding 40 hours per week
- Office location: Mayfair, W1. The role will initially be remote, utilising Zoom and other communication
technologies until government restrictions are fully withdrawn.
- 3 months’ probation period, 8 weeks’ notice period.