Type of Job
March 14, 2022, 12:00:00 AM
What are we looking for?
Purpose of Role
To manage, and maintain, all technical requirements and operations of venues within the Hartshorn Hook family of companies.
• Responsible for the technical requirements of Front of House, Stage and Backstage areas of the venue, ensuring a safe operation for staff and visiting personnel
• To liaise with the Production Manager, Company Manager and the Stage Management team to ensure equipment, facilities and
resources are provided where needed
• To provide technical services to external hires in all venues • To ensure the Head of Venues and Operations is kept fully briefed on all technical matters and discussions with the show staff and external hire companies
• Performing regular maintenance checks as required
• To manage the on-site operational radios including servicing and fixing
• To oversee and manage the CCTV system in operation and to take recordings as and when required
• To be trained in First Aid and to provide the service when called upon • To proactively contribute to compliance, legislation, and all other regulations in place
• To assist and provide technical help on all Assisted Performances that take place across the venues
• To assist in carrying out all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety, Fire and the wellbeing of all those that come into the venue • To undertake any other duties that fall within the role
Qualifications & Experience
• A background in Technical Theatre
• A working knowledge of Health & Safety, Fire Safety and First Aid • A working knowledge of Immersive Theatre
• Previous experience of working across multi-space venues is preferable although not essential
Capabilities & Characteristics
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure
• A positive and flexible approach to work
What can you expect from the role?
Circa £30,000 pa
The role is based in Davies Street, Mayfair but requires additional work at The Vanguard, The Farrier and The Lucky Club Terrace in Camden Market.
The role is predominantly Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm but with a need to work evenings and weekends at times on special events and hires. A rota system will be implemented so that the working week remains at 40 hours across 5 days.
Whilst events may change at short notice, it is anticipated that at least two weeks notice will be given to any change of shift pattern in the working week.
Some physical labour is required within the role.
● Employee discounts and deals for our food & beverage offerings such as at The Lucky Club and The Farrier
● Invitations to press nights and product launches
● Ticket discounts or complimentary tickets to our shows
● A day off for your birthday!
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter telling us how you meet the job description and why you are interested in the role. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Technical Manager” in the subject line.
If you have any access requirements or you would like to speak to us about ways of making your application (eg. a video application) or interview process more accessible, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or 020 3745 4450
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st March 2022 with interviews to be held shortly after this date.